11 Startups Chosen on Demo Day at Microsoft’s Accelerator in Bangalore
Are you an aspiring startup? Do you have the power to change the world of web and mobile media? Microsoft has built the platform to showcase your startup and to be supported by them in every aspect, from technology to publicity. Microsoft has chosen the best 11 startups from the 2000 applicants for the first national edition of the Microsoft Accelerator for Windows Azure. They have shown they deserve to be in a top 10 list, and proved their ability to change their world.
Microsoft hosted the Demo Day conference Jan 11th at the Microsoft Research and Development Centre in Bangalore, India, where 11 startups were chosen from over 200 applicants. This is the first batch of 11 startups, and Microsoft will choose another batch soon. The application process is still open - you just need to register your startup at Microsoft Acceleration Program.
image source : TheNextWeb
Mukund Mohan, CEO-in-residence, Microsoft Accelerator for Windows Azure, said: "This is the day we have been waiting for – the culmination of all the hard work collectively put together over the last four months. We had chosen the first batch of 11 from hundreds of applications received from startups from all over the world. While all 11 had great ideas, we realized they needed support in a few critical areas to be able to mature those ideas into long-term profitable businesses.”"
According to Microsoft, here is the list of acceptance criteria:
- Mobile apps
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Internet-enabled devices
- Businesses that use data, whether it’s a relational database, blob storage, or Hadoop clusters
- Websites that showcase and sell your product or websites that are the product
Below is the list of 11 startups who made their way to the final event at the Microsoft main campus in Redmond.
- Amplyfy - a second screen app for Indian television viewers.
- CipherGraph Networks - Builds cloud VPN technology to securely allow for communication with private and hosted clouds and data centers.
- HireRabbit - Allows businesses to connect with potential candidates via customizable job portals hosted on Facebook pages, and to fill positions without breaking the bank.
- Writingcities - Built on powerful Windows Azure platform allows you to get custom writing services.
- White Shark - Makes your everyday task easy and affordable.
- CloudInfra - offers a simple Unix shell in the cloud to process big data in real-time, such as machine logs and metrics.
- Healthify.me - The app will allow users to get in shape by connecting them with dieticians and gym instructors.
- Sparsha - Sparsha is actively running their circuit design platform, DoCircuits, which allows users to design, test and share circuits online.
- NowFloats - This app will allow users to share their thoughts about where they were, when they there, such as at a concert or at an event like CES.
- Plustxt - This app allow users of its app secure multi-language-optimized texting that works across all mobile OSes and the web.
- World Without Me - Where will your data go when you die? This app is the solution.