24/7 Wall St. Morning Market Roundup
Every morning, 24/7 Wall St. editors cover the news, identifying important events and market-moving stories.
The following are the highlights for our Media Digest 07/27/2010 Reuters, WSJ, New York Times, Financial Times and Bloomberg:
- Reuters: UBS (NYSE: UBS) and Deutsche Bank (NYSE: DB) posted good earnings.
- Reuters: The EU opened antitrust investigations into IBM (NYSE: IBM)
- Reuters: Ask.com, owned by IACI (NASDAQ: IACI), will use humans to screen results.
- Reuters: Yahoo! Japan will use the Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) search engine.
- Reuters: Google Inc. has launched a government version of its software
- Reuters: Genzyme may take a bid to buy the company from Sanofi Aventis.
- The New York Times: Low orders by retailers are moving up shipping costs.
- The New York Times: Nike (NYSE: NKE) will support workers in impoverished Honduras.
- The New York Times: New rules in Europe would cause banks to keep higher capital reserves.
- The New York Times: Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) will kill a deal for Miramax if buyers do not come up with a $40 million down payment.
- Financial Times: US states face large deficits as the federal government takes away support.
- athenahealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN) Cut to Hold at Auriga.
- BroadSoft (NASDAQ: BSFT) Started as Buy at Needham & Co.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) Raised to Buy at Needham.
- Higher One Holdings (NYSE: ONE) Started as Neutral at Goldman Sachs.
- Lear Corp. (NYSE: LEA) Started as Buy at KeyBanc.
- Mosaic Co. (NYSE:MOS) Cut to Hold at Stifel Nicolaus.
- OmniVision (NASDAQ: OVTI) Cut to Market Perform at Morgan Keegan.
- PG&E Corp. (NYSE: PCG) Raised to Buy at Goldman Sachs.
- SAVVIS, Inc. (NASDAQ: SVVS) Raised to Outperform at Wells Fargo.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) Cut to Hold at Stifel Nicolaus.
- ZoranCorp. (NASDAQ: ZRAN) Cut to Hold at Needham & Co.
Finally, here is the Twitter-24/7 Wall St. Stock Market Report 07/26/2010:
Among the most tweeted stocks on StockTwits are Baidu Inc (NASDAQ: BIDU), Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX), VocalTech Communications (NASDAQ: CALL), IMAX (NASDAQ: IMAX), Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ: VECO), Ford Motor (NYSE: F), A123 Systems (NASDAQ: AONE), and Deckers Outdoors (NASDAQ: DECK).