Sierra Vista Subsidiary of Tenet Health Caught In Cover-Up

Author: Bryan Cain-Jackson
Published: September 11, 2012 at 6:59 am

For anyone out there with loved ones – spouses, significant others, friends, family – anyone you care about… You need to read this.

It’s not easy when you or someone dear to you has to go under the knife – heading to the operating table is not something that I see people being very comfortable with.

We go because we have to – we go because we are confident that the people who’ll be performing this surgery have our very best interests in mind and heart. We believe that they’ll take good care of us.

All of us will find different ways to give ourselves that assurance. Sometimes it’ll be by looking in the mirror and saying – “You’re going to pull through this! No need to be worried.”

Some of us find comfort in giving our loved ones that assurance, “I’ll see you at breakfast in the AM, get some sleep and don’t worry.”

The idea is to be positive and have faith – we don’t just want to believe that our loved ones will come home after a routine surgery, we want to know it.

What if that loved one doesn’t come home?

In January 2010, Tyrone Taylor and his wife Sara had scheduled a routine operation for him towards the end of that month. Tyrone checked into Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, California for a cervical discectomy to have a herniated disc removed from his neck.

Within 12 hours of the operation, Tyrone started to experience internal bleeding in and around the surgical sight – this is a normal complication from this type of operation. If the complication is cared for properly by a physician, then there should be no other problems.

He started to exhibit all the usual signs and symptoms of an internal blood pocket which was compressing his airway. Unfortunately, no one examined him for this complication. Strangely, he was diagnosed as having a sore throat.

In the next 15 minutes, the blood pocket started to expanded – it cut off Tyrone’s airway and asphyxiated him.

A ridiculous amount of time passed before anyone had discovered Tyrone – he had turned blue and had no pulse.

There were efforts to revive him, but they were unsuccessful.

January 27, 2010 – At the age of 42, Tyrone Taylor had died. He leaves behind a wife and son in a senseless death. He didn’t have to die. He died because of negligence.

Continued on the next page

About this article

Profile image for makingsense

Article Author: Bryan Cain-Jackson

Bryan, a native of the Northern California Bay Area is an Assistant Editor for Technorati. He writes in nearly ever channel; entertainment, politics, lifestyle, human interest, automotive, and some tech as well. He has also contributed to the Huffington Post. …

Bryan Cain-Jackson's author pageAuthor's Blog