What Would Your Ideal Colleague Look Like?
Having great colleagues makes our working life so much more enjoyable. A new survey has taken the lid on what we value in our colleagues, and of course what drives us mad.
A survey of 2,000 employees by bowling companies AMF Bowling, Bowlplex, Hollywood Bowl, Namco Funscape and Tenpin revealed the traits we most value in our colleagues.
The top five qualities in a colleague are:
1. Having a sense of humour and not taking things too seriously
2. Always pulling their weight at work
3. Bringing in homemade treats
4. Picking up other people's work load from team members
5. Buying shop brought treats
The most important things to avoid at work are revealed as:
1. Being the smoker who takes more breaks than non smokers
2. Being the office gossip
3. Talking too loudly on the phone
4. Leaving the loo in a state
5. Taking office banter too seriously
The Chartered Management Institute recently published 12 tips on achieving workplace happiness.