Sony Announces Compensation: A Horn of Unplenty
This just in the Sony Online Entertainment is still down. Qriocity is still down and the PlayStation Network is still down.
It's beginning to sound like a bad joke. Maybe if they keep telling it enough it will start getting funny.
Never fear. Someday, someday when Sony comes back online and dips its toe into the hacker-infested waters of the interseas, again, they're going to pass out treats to all their loyal fans. They said so, just the other day on their most recent update. No word on when they'll venture back into the waters - Calling Captain Quint - but they're fully prepared to pass out some bounty to their loyal, yet disillusioned fans.
Here are some of the gifts they bear, some of the wondrous treats they're ready to pass out to their customers to compensate them for the inconvenience they've suffer:
- 30 days of game time plus one day for each day the system is down. That's nice. 30 free days is nice.
- DC Universe™ Online: Batman™ and Two-Face™ Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
- Free Realms®: Free daily items (7 to collect)
- Clone Wars Adventures™: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
- EverQuest®: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
- EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®: A series of Double XP events
- Star Wars Galaxies™: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I™
- Magic: The Gathering - Tactics™: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
- PoxNora®: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash
- Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash