Find Out the Facts About Siamese Cats
Siamese cats are fascinating creatures with a rich and interesting history. These cats have become increasingly popular, and many people love them because of their unique charm, character, and personalities, as well as their striking appearance, regal air, elegance, and class. Anyone that owns or plans to get a Siamese cat will find themselves with a gorgeous, loyal, fun, and intelligent companion to spend time with.
Below are some facts about these unique and charismatic cats:
- Siamese kittens are actually born white, and their colouring develops at around four weeks of age due to a heat sensitive gene that causes colour to develop on cooler parts of the body
- Siamese cats are known to be very sociable animals and love being around people. They also tend to get along with other animals as well as children making them great family pets
- The typical Siamese can have a jealous streak. These cats like to be the centre of attention, and if your attention is diverted they can get jealous – especially if you are the lucky person to whom the cat has become most attached
- Siamese cats are very intelligent, which means that they can be easily trained
- Siamese cats have a longer lifespan than most, and can live for around twenty or twenty five years
- The typical Siamese is a very talkative creature, and will happily meow away for hours to anyone or anything that is willing to listen
- Siamese cats have a wonderful personality, which makes them endearing to so many people. They are dedicated, affectionate, loyal, loving, and intelligent.
- The Siamese cat was the first Oriental breed, having originated in Thailand
There are some people that have been brought up to think that
Siamese cats are a bit on the mean or evil side. This may be something to do with the appearance of the traditional Siamese with its elongated face and eyes. However, anyone that thinks this couldn't be more wrong, as these cats are typically extremely friendly, sociable, and loving creatures.