Red LED Light Therapy Offers Help for Acute and Chronic Pain
The prevalence of acute and chronic pain sufferers in the United States is simply astounding. The Arthritis Foundation has reported that over 50 million Americans, or one in five, suffer with arthritis with 42 percent of adults in the U.S. experience pain daily.
The American Pain Society reported on the 2005 National Health Interview Survey findings that in a 3 month period over 1/3 of the entire U.S. population experiences pain. Of those reporting pain, 31,066,000 experience migraines, 28,401,000 had lower back pain, and 9,535,000 complained of jaw pain. This is just a small sampling of the countless number of pain related conditions that are out there. There are many other afflictions that cause chronic pain such as tennis elbow, shoulder pain, joint pain, knee injuries, and the list goes on and on.
LED light therapy offers a drug-free way to relieve pain and speed up the healing process. The healing benefits of this technology were discovered by NASA when red LED light therapy was used in plant growth experiments and was found to speed up the healing of injuries in outer space. In fact a device using LED (light emitting diodes) is being used in clinical trials and shows great promise as a treatment in healing bone marrow transplant patients and has been found to offer relief for cancer patients as well.
The Deep Penetrating Light (DPL) System uses a combination of red and infrared LED lights to penetrate and permeate deep into skin, tissue, muscle, joints, and even bones where the wavelengths stimulate healing and reparative processes. The combination of red and infrared LED lights has been shown to ease pain and accelerate the healing process by:
1. Increasing circulation by boosting the formation of capillaries which deliver more oxygen throughout the body speeding up healing.
2. Blocking pain transmitting chemicals resulting in a natural and drug-free form of analgesia (pain killer.)
3. Triggering the production of endorphins which helps to facilitate long term pain relief.
4. Relieving swelling by increasing lymphatic system activity.
5. Stimulating the release of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) which is a major carrier of energy to the cells.
6. Replacing damaged cells more quickly by increasing RNA and DNA synthesis.
Both red and infrared LED lights have been shown to affect at least 24 different positive changes at a cellular level. This powerful treatment penetrates into the body easing pain, reducing inflammation, repairing damaged tissue mending injuries, and helping with infection. With millions of people suffering with daily pain, red light therapy offers a natural, gentle, and safe alternative for easing the agony.