Credo Mobile Phone
CREDO Mobile is the first mobile phone company to be certified by CarbonFund.org for offsets that cover the shipping and lifetime electricity use of their phones.
If you're an AT&T customer, you may not know that your phone company supports extremists like Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, who called global warming the "greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the America people," and Sen. David Vitter of Louisiana, who urged President Obama to expand offshore oil drilling even after the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Then there's AT&T recipient Rep. Gene Taylor of Mississippi, who downplayed the oil spill by describing it as "chocolate milk" and claimed "it is tending to break up naturally," even though this spill is on pace to become the worst oil disaster in U.S. history.
And what of Verizon Wireless?
Since 2002, they've been a steady contributor to the Blue Dog Democrats, who have blocked, stalled and weakened climate change legislation.
Politics aside, since 1985, CREDO Mobile has donated over $65 million to progressive groups like Doctors Without Borders and Planned Parenthood — $10 million alone to environmental groups like Sierra Club and Greenpeace.
Best of all, they don't just throw money at social and environmental problems; they back up their donations with real activism.
The one million activists of their citizens' lobby are leading the way on important environmental causes such as:
- reducing carbon emissions by 80% below 1990 levels before 2050
- preventing Big Oil's exploitation of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge;
- fighting the industry's campaign to green-wash coal;
- build new coal plants and mine coal by removing mountaintops;
- organizing to better protect our vanishing wildlife by strengthening the Endangered Species Act; and
- demanding a national standard on renewable energy and a timetable to achieve it.
If you are locked into a contract with another mobile phone company, Credo not only offers contract buyout, it also gives you a free phone and other special offers.
For more information, visit the website.