ShoreBank Pacific has a green building loan program. With a 10-year history of funding green building commercial projects, it has the expertise and tools to help fund green building project. The bank provides commercial loans for rehabs, multifamily, mixed use, and infill projects.
Apart from green buildings, this bank also serves the following industries: alternative energy, local agri-business, local fishing industry.
Citizens Bank has articles and tips on how to be a green account holder.
This bank also pays customers 10 cents every time they pay without paper. This includes debit card transactions, paying bills online, or have an automatic payment charged to a checking account or debit card. Their website claims that customers can earn up to $120 a year.
PNC was the first U.S. bank ever to build a green branch in 2002, and since then it has implemented its sustainability policies and green standards into 40 branches across 6 states. It has been honored by Working Mother magazine as one of the nation’s '2007 Best Green Companies’ because it has many certified green building
It has begun the effort to make sure that all of its new buildings meet the U.S. Green Building Council standards. Some of the features of the PNC buildings include:
- Solar energy panels on the roof that capture and convert sunlight into energy
- Countertops made of recycled paper and sustainable wood
- Four-element assembly’ window walls that consist of two sheets of glass between two sheets of film for insulation
- Steel structures made from recycled metal
- Paint and glue used during construction that does not emit greenhouse gases
- Carpet made from recycled products
- The reusing of roof water to flush toilets
- Rubber flooring made from recycled content
Because of PNC’s efforts to use mainly recycled products and alternative energy sources for its buildings, its branches reduce their overall waste consumption by 75%! You can watch a video that outlines PNC’s green efforts here.
Green Bank builds its infrasturture to reflect a long-term goal of turning itself into a "carbon-neutral" company.Continued on the next page