Save Money Planning Your Vacations
For those who like traveling, especially in countries where the inhabitants speak English or another “known language”, for those who like to plan, set a budget, and save money, I will reveal some tools I use for a successful trip.
Internet: Of course it’s the first tool. Everyone should start here. There are thousands of travel blogs and travel company websites where you can find reviews, interact with other travellers, find recommendations, etc.
For people who like to keep a record of all their trips, there's a website called Flight Memory. There you can record everything related your flights, seat number, departure time, timetables, and get all kind of flight statistics. There is a free mode, where you can record many things and publish your records to your blog or website, as well as a paid mode where you can print your travel maps.
HOTELS AND FLIGHTS
- Despegar.com: Book your flight tickets from this website and get discounts on flights and hotels.
- Sky Team: One of the biggest flight groups.
- Star Alliance: Another big flight company group.
- Lonely Planet: A great website. In my opinion Lonely Planet publishes the best travel guides and gives readers a wide view of each country, using a friendly writing style. Each country guide is generally updated every two years.
- Hostels.com: For accommodation, you should take a look this website, as it's very simple to book.
- Trip Advisor: Features reviews and advice on hotels, resorts, flights, vacation packages, a discussion forum, and more.