9/11 First Responders Not Invited to Tenth Anniversary Ceremony
For those that may not know of Father Mychal Judge, he was the first officially recognized fatality of terrorist attacks in New York City on Sept. 11, 2001. He was killed when the South Tower of the World Trade Center collapsed just before 10:00 that morning as he was reportedly praying for the safety of first responders among others.
I prefer to believe that Father Judge is not rolling over in his grave these days.
I say that because of recent reports that those very first responders for which Father Judge prayed that morning are apparently not invited by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to the World Trade Center site to commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11, citing “space constraints.”
As a result, I offer the following memo to Mayor Bloomberg: Are you fucking kidding me? Space constraints? Really? Exactly how far up your ass have you planted your thumb, you wretched little prick?
I must not have been paying attention when news of this situation originally broke. When my dad told me about it, I admittedly thought he either misread something online or that there was more to whatever he might have seen on TV about it. I figured that a corrected version of the story would be reported somewhere. Maybe if I clicked my heels twice and said, “There’s no place like home,” whatever Twilight Zone we were in would vanish.
This story had to be a mistake.
Unfortunately, it actually is no mistake, and Bloomberg has specifically not invited the surviving 9/11 first responders to Ground Zero for the 10th anniversary memorial service.
To make up for it, the city of New York announced early last week that “they’ll be invited to a private ceremony on a different date.”Continued on the next page