Bradley Manning: Doomed Before Trial
This video honestly made me cry. Bradley Manning is a human being treated in a manner that is subhuman. This is wrong. Here's why:
1) He has YET to be proven guilty. However, he was being held in solitary confinement at the beginning without personal effects, a bed to sleep in, and (at times) clothing. He was allowed out of his cell for one hour a day and HAS NOT EVEN been tried. How is that American justice? That's easily grounds for a lawsuit.
2) He has YET to have a trial. But, guess who already pronounced him guilty? You guessed it- Barack Obama. It must be nice
3) He has been denied information he needs for his defense. This is illegal.
4) There have been no instances in which our national security was harmed as a result of these videos.
5) Americans have a right to a "quick and speedy trial" and are not subject to torture. Bradley Manning has already dealt with both.
You are more than welcome to say that I do not love my country (which is very untrue). What he did may be labelled as "treason", which may or may not be true. To my knowledge, the definition of treason is this: actions of an individual (or group of individuals) that causes the deaths of fellow servicemen. From my research, this not only did not happen but our national security was not threatened.
Private First Class Bradley Manning did NOT aid the enemy,nor does he deserve the death penalty. I have a hard time believing that he committed treason. He released information for the American people, not Al-Quaeda. However, there is always a first time for everything.Continued on the next page