Romney Picks Paul Ryan For VP
I am not utterly thrilled with President Barak Obama and his policies of the last few years. For several weeks now I have been receiving e-mail from the Obama camp with fervent appeals of cash donations, and have been trashing them without paying much attention. Indeed, for quite some time I have regretted the donations I made to Obama camp in 2008
I've repeatedly written on Technorati that Obama is conservative, and rather unremarkable as a President. My opinion of him has not changed, but today I am going to make my first donation to his campaign. Why? Please read on.
MSN published yesterday, “Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney introduced his choice as running mate, House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, 42, Saturday morning at a campaign event in Norfolk, Va.”
Mitt Romney’s policies are against the interest of 99% of the populace, but combined with Paul Ryan’s vision they get far worse. Paul Ryan is an ideologue who represents the view points of today’s Tea-Party dominated GOP. From Reagan’s time the GOP has gradually moved away from the mainstream to become a party that serves the interest of the 1% only at the cost of the other 99%. Today’s GOP is no longer the party of Teddy Roosevelt, or Dwight Eisenhower, it is not even the party of Abraham Lincoln.
The current Republican Party has been hijacked by a few evil billionaires. The Koch brothers and a few others of their kind now own the party, and Paul Ryan is their agent, doing their bidding. Their agenda is to turn this country into a fascist fiefdom where the general population will be nothing more than bonded labor.
The present Republican Party stalwarts call themselves conservatives, but they conserve nothing. They do not believe in conserving the nature, and decry all regulations. They do not want to conserve social security, Medicare, Medicaid and social programs that help ordinary people, and provide a safety net for the needy.
Paul Ryan is the poster boy of the racist, old boy’s club rich elitist group. By picking Paul Ryan as his running mate, Romney has clearly demonstrated that he believes he can buy the November election with unlimited corporate money thanks to Citizens United. He has nothing to fear from the anger of ordinary people.
My sincere appeal to my progressive friends—whatever you may think of Barack Obama, it is time for you to leave sidelines and come to his support. 2012 election will be a watershed in American politics, whoever wins!