Igniting Social Media: Technorati Interview with Jeff Reine, General Manager of Typepad (Say Media)
As most bloggers can relate, the Blogosphere is constantly evolving and providing more opportunities to be heard and part of any conversation. In Technorati's State of the Blogosphere 2011, we revealed some fascinating data:
- Blogs are the 3rd highest ranked online source of information for making purchasing decisions following a brand's website and "Friend on Facebook".
- 68% of bloggers are influenced by other bloggers - a huge jump from 30% in 2010.
- 65% of bloggers follow brands on social media and bloggers are frequently approached by brands (some contacted 250 to even 1000 times a week).
- 33% of bloggers boycotted Brands.
What exactly does this mean? Bloggers and blogs continue to matter, gain influence and guide purchasing decisions.
A tool that many bloggers use to create and craft their site is Typepad, now part of Say Media. The cost for a Typepad account ranges from free (Micro site) to $8.95 per month (Plus account), $14.95 (Unlimited account) and $29.95 (Premium account). Their platform allows a blogger to have complete control over a blog’s look, content and features as well as connect with people who share similar interests, through search engines and social networking sites.
Technorati CEO Shani Higgins had the opportunity to meet with Jeff Reine, General Manager of Typepad (Say Media) for our video interview series, Igniting Social Media where they discussed:
- Huge movement of "handmade" writers that include craft, vintage, thrifty and food bloggers embracing Typepad.
- Social distribution.
- Status updating the death of blogging?
- Trends of auto-syndication: Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- The biggest pain point for bloggers: audience building and revenue.
- Typepad's role in the blogging ecosystem.