Fantasy Football Week 5 Juicy Match-ups and Flex Starters
Juicy match-ups are easy to spot if you do your homework. Small league managers with some strong bench depth should exploit favorable match-ups to ensure weekly victories. For those of you that play weekly Fantasy Football games, like those found at Fanduel, can reap huge rewards when the right match-ups present themselves. I've taken a chance and rolled the dice since Week 1 and have been doing well, doubling my small investments (or more) each week.
Here's my juicy match-ups and flex starters headed into week 5.
- Fred Jackson versus the Eagles: The Eagles are giving up the most fantasy points to running backs and Fred Jackson is on fire. "Even with the re-jiggered linebackers, the Eagles still can't stop the run."
- Flex start - Darren Sproles versus Carolina: Carolina ranks fifth in points allowed to RB but what turns me on most here is I know New Orleans will try to run up the score quick; which means a healthy dose of Sproles.
- Julio Jones versus Green Bay: Julio is on fire and continues to make amazing catches. He was targeting 17 times in week 4 and this week he face the Green Bay Packers who have allowed the third most fantasy points to WR this year.
- Flex Start - Percy Harvin versus Arizona : Most folks are avoiding Minnesota but Harvin, as the weeks pass by, continues to get more touches both rushing and receiving. The Cardinals could put up points so expect Harvin to be busy in this one.
- Matt Ryan versus Green Bay Packers: This game will be an air show and is sure to please fantasy owners. Green Bay has allowed the most fantasy points to opposing QB's this year.
- Flex Start - Mark Sanchez versus New England (2nd most points allowed to QB)
- Flex Start - Josh Freeman versus San Francisco (ranked 10th in points allowed)
- Greg Olsen versus Saints: Olsen has established himself and Cam Newton’s 2nd option in the passing attack. The Saints can't cover the TE position; they're ranked fourth in points allowed.
- Flex Start - Jermaine Gresham versus Jacksonville: Jacksonville has issues covering the TE position and have been protecting against the deep ball while giving up short yardage completions; ranked 3rd in points allowed to TE.