Apple Announces the New iPad
Well, it's official! Apple has unveiled the next Generation iPad 3 to the world. As Tim Cook made the stage his own, we all looked on in awe. The iPad 2 was and still is leaps and bounds ahead of many other tablets on the market. The iPad 3 has the features now that will make it stand tall among it's competitors once again, and send Apple skyrocketing ahead in value.
Here's a re-cap of the features that are officially part of the iPad 3 followed by images captured by Engadget at the Live Event in San Francisco.
- Retina Display
- Full 1080p resolution
- 2048 x 1536 pixel display
- A5X Quad-Core processor, 4 times faster than the Tegra 3 quad-core
- 5 megapixel iSight Rear Camera with IR filter and Autofocus
- Face detection
- 4G LTE connectivity for AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, Bell and Telus
- Siri is now part of iOS 5.1 for the iPad
- Siri also now supports Japanese
- 10 hours of battery life
- 9.4mm thin weighing 1.4 pounds
The Prices of the new iPad will be the same as the current iPad 2 prices with 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models. The Wi-Fi with 4G pricing will be $629, $729 and $829 US for the 16, 32 and 64GB models respectively. The Wi-Fi only models will be $499, $599, and $699 for the 16, 32 and 64GB models respectively.
The new iPad will be available for pre-order today from Apple's online store, and will be available in stores March 16th in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. Other countries will be available on March 23rd 2012.