Blog Focus on Apple Tablet Release Dates
Blog Focus is Technorati's daily roundup of the top stories as told by the bloggers of the world. Each day a handful of posts, no matter how popular or nascent, will be selected by editors to portray a general unscientific reaction to discussion points around the 'Net.
The Wall Street Journal reports that the Apple tablet is real and it is spectacular. As you might imagine, this managed to distract a little from the CES 2010 buzz today across the blogs. So what's the news?
• Technology for the Soul — Alex Ion lists some of the particulars: an announcement in late January (with highly coincidental leaks during CES this week) which will lead into product release in March. The product could come with lifetime WiFi service using Boingo, which suggests no 3G component. (Or doesn't mean anything.)
• Mashable — Oh, and did we mention the rumored $1000 price tag? We did but you blacked out last time and hit your head and forgot? That'll happen. Ben Parr chimes in about the cost, suggesting there had better be a "killer feature" or three we haven't heard about yet or else the tablet will fail.
• TechCrunch — MG Siegler, on the other hand, thinks mushy WSJ writing is at fault for this price confusion and also seems to think these leaks are a bit... conveeeeenient.
• Brainstorm Tech — But no time to dwell on the current Apple tablet when there's patent-based rumors about Apple's next great tablet: the 3D tablet! We're walking, people... we're not stopping, we're walking.
• AppleInsider — Oh, and Apple might announce the iPhone 4.0 SDK at the January 27th event where the tablet will likely be announced. But c'mon... you're not still using an iPhone, are you? Ancient tech!