iPhone 5's Speculated Specs!
So we now know that Apple will officially announce the new iPhone 5 and probably even the rumored low-cost iPhone 4S on October 4, 2011. A number of analyst have bravely predicted their what the iPhone 5 will have and have not. But you read all of their statement and prediction they all share the same sentiments like; aluminum unibody construction, better camera, a slightly larger screen size and a better GPU, some make sense and some do not.
Cnet have listed a number of expected upgrades based on these so called analysis, as quoted from Cnet.
- More memory: Possibly 1GB of memory, twice the amount in the iPhone 4.
- Higher-resolution camera: likely 8-megapixel versus current 5MP.
- Near-Field Communication (NFC): for virtual wallets. Possible but not certain.
- Voice control: speculation says new tech will allow voice navigation.
- Improved graphics: similar to Imagination's PowerVR SGX543 graphics silicon used in the iPad 2.
- Dual-core Apple A5 chip: a virtual certainty that the iPhone 5 will get a boost in chip performance.
- iOS 5: new iOS with iMessage, tabbed browsing and lots more.
- 3G: Qualcomm chipset that will allow connection to both CDMA and GSM networks.
Those are realistic prediction and yes, I also expect these to appear on the new iPhone 5. Though I have to disagree on a number of specs like the larger screen, I won't be surprise if the new iPhone 5 will have an upgraded front-facing camera, thinner body, multi-color body (remember the multi-colored ipod) and additional capacity (16GB, 32GB and 64 GB flash drive).
Even the most educated analyst these are all
educated guess, so in the end we still need to wait for Apple's official statement regarding the new iPhone 5 and that's just a few winks away.