Mobile Coupons Are Big for QSR Industry
Mobile marketing is a hot topic in industries across the board, whether businesses are using apps, coupons, text messages, QR codes, or check-ins. It’s become a tool too powerful for businesses to ignore.
In the quick-service (QSR) industry in particular, it seems that more and more chains are using mobile couponing to drive traffic and sales.
Just the other day, a study was published by Cellit, a provider of mobile CRM systems, detailing the best practices for mobile couponing in the QSR industry. The study offered some helpful insight into the most effective ways for QSR brands to engage in a mobile rewards program, including subscriber acquisition, content, optimal timing, and trends. The following summarizes the findings of the study:
- Leverage social media and email databases to convert customers to mobile
- In-restaurant signage, box-toppers for delivery/take-out
- Integrate mobile call-to-action into existing advertising campaigns
- The most compelling content for consumers to receive via mobile is a coupon:
- “Value deals” (such as buy-one-get-one-free offers)
- Offer free item for new subscribers
- Provide discount off menu items
- QSR industry coupon redemption rates average 23%
- Include sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and announcements
- The best days to send text messages are weekdays
- No more than 1 message per week
- No less than 1 message per month
Future Trends Expected to Accelerate:
- Coupon redemption
- Near Field Communications (NFC): ex—Mobile wallet
- Location Based Services (LBS)
In the end, marketing is all about consumer demand. It’s important to find out what the consumer wants, how they want it, and figuring out a way to reach them.
Mobile opens up new opportunities for businesses to build their brand, engage the target audience, and enhance the overall customer experience, so if mobile is a medium that your consumers are using, you should definitely take advantage of it.