Warpia StreamHD Review
I am always looking for new ways to display items on my laptop to show up on my big screen TV. I reviewed the Sony SMP-N200 before and found it a very unique way to marry my Seagate external hard drive and network media player to bring me my daily dose of awesomeness. I am using that device on an everyday basis. So when I was shown a new device that would display the content of my laptop right onto my HDTV I immediately jumped at the chance to test it out. You can check out my quick video review of the Warpia StreamHD here.
Let's Stream Away
The Warpia StreamHD is the device that connects your laptop via a USB dongle that transmits a wireless signal to another USB dongle attached to a base unit that connects,via HDMI to your HDTV. After installation of the device drivers onto your laptop you are then easily displaying your laptops display on your HDTV. It couldn't be simpler. Everything you need is right in the box. Your base station, 2 USB dongles and HDMI cord and power supply. From there pop in the CD load up the software and you are good to go.
Now there are lots of devices packaging Netflix, Hulu and various other services along with the device. However if you don't have one of those devices OR your Xbox360 you can still showoff that content using the Warpia StreamHD. Don't think you are limited in what you can use this for by any means. Showing off photos or TV shows whatever you can display on your laptop main display you can show on your HDTV. Not only that you can use it for a big work presentation. It really is an amazing little device.
Looking At The Specs
The most important aspect of any device is of course the specs. So let's take a look at all the aspects of the device and their specs and minimum requirements.
- HDMI Connector
- S/PDIF Connector (5.1 surround sound output)
- 3.5mm audio jack (Stereo)
- 32-bit True Color support with display resolution of up to 1920 x 1080 (SXGA+)
- Up to 1080p resolution
- Capable of working in both Mirror Mode and extended Mode (TV/monitor as a second screen)
- 48 kHz, 16-bit Stereo via audio jack or HDMI connector
- Power supply unit 5VDC
PC and Device Adapters
- USB type-A male
- Internal antenna
- Single LED - Power/traffic
- Wireless USB 1.0, USB-IF certified
- Certified WiMedia PHY and MAC
- 3.168 to 4.752 GHz (WiMedia band group 1)
- Same room, line of site range, up to 30ft
- 128-bit AES security
- Regulation compliant to US, Japan, Europe, Korea
- Software drivers: Windows® 7/ Vista™SP2/ XP® SP3
- Input voltage: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Operating temperature range: 0-40 C