Ballmer Talks Clouds
MIcrosoft CEO Steve Ballmer hasn't made a lot of noise since the big Windows 7 launch, but he hit the campus at University of Washington yesterday to talk about Microsoft strategy, what's ahead in the world of cloud computing.
According to Ballmer, the cloud base is the big bet for Microsoft, and that up to 90% of MS employees may be working in the cloud only a year from now (insert your own joke about where they've been for the last decade).
TechCruch has gotten hold of an email sent out to MS employees after the speach which reiterated points he made at UW. Among them:
- The cloud creates opportunities and responsibilities
- The cloud learns and helps you learn, decide and take action
- The cloud enhances your social and professional interactions
- The cloud wants smarter devices
- The cloud drives server advances that drive the cloud