Ten New Algorithmic Changes From Google?
On November 11th, Google announced new algorithm changes. These mainly revolve around search results ranking and presentations.
The aim of any algorithmic change from Google is always to improve user experience. Search result pages with rich snippets shall enable users to understand the “quality” of each link.
Checking Google’s official blog, here are the changes detailed.
- Snippets are now improved. Google can now pick snippet information from the page rather than the headers.
- Rich snippets now display reviews, costs of certain software applications, and such critical data. Good move again!
- Page titles improvement. While generating a page title, Google will now not look at or rather will look less at the anchor text
- Google does generate titles using signals from HTML title tags, however if Google feels that they can create better titles, it will generate its own titles for your pages!
- Autocomplete of IME queries is now highly improved. So now no gibberish characters with Hebrew, Russian and Arabic
- Translation of relevant English pages automatically? That’s now possible for Afrikaans, Malay, Slovak, Swahili, Hindi, Norwegian, Serbian, Catalan, Maltese, Macedonian, Albanian, Slovenian, Welsh, Icelandic.
Autocomplete for Russian is now improved!
- For most authoritative and relevant results, Google did adjust how they decide which page is “official”.
- Retired the image search signal which had references from multiple documents on the web.
- Result freshness for queries with a date range selected has been improved.
- Changes in rankings in terms of freshness of content is now improved.
Well, good move, webmasters must ensure that their entire page has quality content! Google is going to read it – so are your users! Users now know at a glance whether the link is worth clicking on!
If your snippet does not look good, users will leave even before they click your link! With all these new signals for ranking,
I would strongly recommend web masters to re-assess their websites and ensure that you comply!