Arnie The Koala: A Fluffy Little Junkie
When it comes to cuteness, Arnie seems to have all of the koalifications. Needless to say, this video is very funny! It tells the fictional story of "Arnie": a koala who is a drug addict. As a part of his Twelve Step Program, he has to make amends with those he hurt.
Koalas are pretty cute animals. Of course, koalas are not drug addicts. However,
this video is very funny! So, since it's about koalas, I decided to share some interesting facts about koalas that I found:
1. Koalas carry their babies in their pouch until they are old enough to ride on their backs.
2. Technically, koalas are marsupials, not bears.
3. They are herbivores and most of their diet consists of eucalyptus leaves.
4. They sleep 18-20 hours a day! The rest of their time is mostly spent eating. They spend three of their five waking hours eating.
5. Their populations plunged when they were nearly hunted to extinction in the early twentieth century because they were hunted for their fur.
6. Just like humans, koalas have two opposable thumbs.
7. A newborn koala is the size of a jelly bean. They are born blind, naked, and hairless.
8. Their thick coat protects them from both the heat and cold.
9. Due to their diet of eucalyptus leaves, koalas smell like cough drops.
10. Koalas can jump from tree to tree.