Seven Weeks of Freedom Coming Soon…
In a few short weeks, I will have Seven Weeks without my kids. Yay. Sleep away camp is around the corner. I love my kids, cherish our time together and will miss them (blah, blah, blah…) but, I will glad for Seven Weeks of:
1. Not making breakfast and dinner every day…most days multiples of each because nobody likes to eat the same thing.
2.Not reminding everyone to take: their tennis racquet, permission slip, money, homework, overdue library book each morning.
3. Not refereeing the bickering between my kids at breakfast, dinner and on car rides.
4. Not waking up to an alarm every morning and getting my prickly teenager out of bed.
5. Not stressing over their homework, tests and projects.
6. Not baking cupcakes and cookies for unending school bake sales.
7. Not having to keep track of where the baseball glove, light blue tank top, copy of Pride and Prejudice, Knicks jersey that I wore last Tuesday, white American Apparel t-shirt, and copy of Macbeth is.
Okay, so I am not as tough as I seem, and I will miss the hugs and kisses, the “I Love Yous”, the family dinners, and seeing their faces after school each day. I will run to the mailbox each day hoping for letters, and will scour the websites each night for photos. Gone, but far from forgotten they will be. Turn off the stove, and throw away the alarm clock. Summer is here.
This is an original blog post to the nycmomsblog.com. Pamela is the co-author of City Baby: a resource guide to having a baby in New York. She is also the co-founder of MYOBMoms. A business dedicated to helping SAHM’s return to the workplace (myobmoms.com).