Put the Moisture Back in Dry Winter Skin
Winter is a magical time of year but it can be extremely harsh on your skin. Cold winter air zaps the moisture from your skin leaving it dry, tight, and can also exacerbate skin conditions such as eczema and rosacea.
Not only does the dryer air leave your skin uncomfortably tight and flaky, but going from the cold outdoors into the heated indoors hits your skin with a double whammy. If you take some simple steps you can put the moisture back into your skin leaving it soft and plump.
1. Add hydrating lipids to your diet. Good fats including fish, nuts, seeds, and plant oils help to keep your skin moisturized from the inside. It’s also important to avoid skin dehydrators such as alcohol and coffee, replacing them with water and herbal tea.
2. LED light therapy uses healing wavelengths to penetrate deep into the skin where they repair, renew, replenish, and increase the moisture content within your kin. Light therapy is a gentle option for encouraging your skin to retain moisture and look younger.
3. Use a humidifier to help keep your skin moist. Central heating, as well as space heaters, blast dry hot air throughout homes and offices. Humidifiers add moisture into the air which helps protect your skin from drying out.
4. Home microdermabrasion tools, such as the Personal Microderm, deeply exfoliate your skin, removing dry flakes and dead skin. After polishing the surface of your skin, your moisturizing skin care products can penetrate deeper and work more effectively.
5. Use a richer moisturizer during the cold winter months. Typically the heavier and more dense a cream is, the more moisturizing ingredients it contains. Plant oils such as avocado and borage oil deeply moisturize while hyaluronic acid attracts up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
The chilly winter wonderland can bring a beautiful rosy glow to your cheeks, but if you experience dry flaky skin then simply follow these steps for plump and beautiful skin. You don’t have to struggle with dry, tight skin when there are options available that will help your skin look and feel moist.