Thanksgiving By The Glass: Cocktails For The Holiday Season
If you're entertaining at Thanksgiving, you've probably put a lot of thought into how to roast the turkey or what kind of dessert to make. Usually drinks are given passing consideration – milk, juice or soda for the kids and wine and beer for the adults.
But why not make the season even a little more special with a festive cocktail?
Forget the obvious pumpkin-tinis and cranberry and vodka drinks, this cocktail from Russian Standard Vodka packs a punch of tasty seasonal flavor from a surprise seasonal fruit – figs!
- 2 ounces Russian Standard Vodka
- 1 ounce Honey Syrup*
- ¾ ounce Boiron fig purée
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Put all ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add large cold ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Yields 1 quart
- 3 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups of honey
- peel of 1 orange
- 1 whole vanilla bean (scored)
- Combine water, honey, orange peel, and the scored vanilla bean in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and strain into a food safe quart container to store. Fill a labeled squeeze bottle for easiest use.
Add a little green to your Thanksgiving table with absinthe
This cocktail recipe comes from Lucid, the brand responsible for lifting the 100-year absinthe ban in America. They recommend pairing this drink with a pear cobbler, as the cocktail’s pear puree will almost fool your mouth into thinking you’re enjoying a bite of cobbler. Cheers!
A Perfect Pear
- 1 oz Lucid Absinthe
- 1 oz pear vodka
- 1 oz pear puree
- 4 oz lemon-lime soda
- 1 mint sprig
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, Lucid Absinthe, and all other ingredients.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a highball glass.
- Top with lemon-lime soda and garnish with a mint sprig.